Mark, eConsultant
Experience:  General Expert
Type Your Question Here...

Im planing to buy a flat bed trailer but the one I like there

I'm planing to buy a flat bed trailer but the one I like there is no information on it
I'm planning to use to transport a scissor lift witch is around 5000 lb and on the trailer it's a plate that said
20000 bls gross load capacity
2000 lbs tongue capacity
So how much weight can I put on top of this trailer
It is a single axel
Welcome to JustAnswer my name is Mark.

The 20,000 lb gross weight rating, means the trailer is designed to hold a total/combined weight of 20K lbs..........this includes the weight of the trailer itself.

If you are only looking to put 5K lbs on this trailer then you have lots of room to spare and the trailer will handle this with no problem.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but by all means if you have further questions, simply reply back. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Even if the trailer is a single axel can hold that muchAnd what is the 2000 tongue capacity
Thanks for the quick reply.

As long as the trailer is properly equipped with the right axle, then yes it can be possible.

The tongue weight, is the amount of weight placed at the very front of the trailer where the hitch attaches to the towing vehicle. In other words the amount of weight that is directly placed on the tow vehicle as opposed to being supported by the trailer axle/suspension.

I hope that helps to answer your question, and please let me know how you make out and whether you need any further assistance………..Thanks!!