SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I have a large box of donated supplies for victims of Hurricane

I have a large box of donated supplies for victims of Hurricane Sandy in NJ. I am in San Diego and looking for the most cost-effective way to ship. I have already checked UPS - $58.17, USPS $41.58, and FedEx $65.37

I'm hoping to find a better price. Are there other carriers? Is anyone offering a discount for shipping related to hurricane survivors?

The box is 37 pounds
the measurements are 25" x 18" x 18"
It is shipping from a residence in 92104 to a residence in 07080.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.

My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service. Remember that when you are asked to give a rating you are rating My Service and not this website or your situation.

What you are doing is so kind and thoughtful, helping those who need it. It doesn't appear that shippers are offering donation shipped discounts, only discounts or refunds if service is interrupted. Even in that case its not a guarantee.

DHL
would be your other option, however DHL's "specialty" is actually in freight forwarding. Compared to UPS, USPS and Fedex, where you would get the same service basically with updated and otherwise superior technology from UPS, there is truly little options as these 3 major players have the market cornered and rightly so - they do an excellent, consistent job on each package.

USPS is good too, as you can see you get a slightly better rate(if you could stuff the into flat rate boxes that would be even better).

I would choose whoever you are comfortable of the "Big 3" with confidence. There is a reason they basically own and carry the market with retail shipping and have done so for so long.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist