SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

What companies make the best vintage/antique meat cleaver?

Hi Sheri, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service. Remember that when you are asked to give a rating you are rating My Service and not this website or your situation.

Lancaster Machine and Knife Works is often touted as making some of the best cleavers from years past. Located in Lancaster NY they actually made an assortment of other machine tools and parts, including the packing house cleavers that are known to be tremendous.

Here is a photo I was able to source of them - excellent quality and very ergonomic http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii509/TwinStick2/100_1466.jpg and http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii509/TwinStick2/100_1464.jpg

Foster Brothers, as well as the WM beatty you have stated make nice cleavers as well - I think style is preferential but look into Lancaster and try to find one, they are excellent. You can also look into TM Hunt, which are very cool as well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. XXXXX WM Beatty and TM Hunt
I needed to know which to add to my collection. Now my money will be well spent. Thank you for the sources as well!