Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

I am going to buy a used TV, it says it is a 53" LCD Rear Projection.

I am going to buy a used TV, it says it is a 53" LCD Rear Projection. I do not know what any of that means. I dont understand what rear projection is. I dont know who the manufacturer is. Terri
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
A rear projection tv were the ones that were around before our newer HD or plasma tvs. They have the larger boxes as they have a projector the back of them that projects the picture onto the screen at the front of the television. Usually a 53" rear projection would come in a large rectangular box as the television or be quick large and bulky as compared to the 50+" televisions sold today that are LCD or plasma which are thinner as they do not have a rear projector unit but the picture is like your computer screen which uses a different more modern technology.

All the best - if you need any followup, just click on reply.

:-)