SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

Where is a good place to hide gold?

Customer Question

Where is a good place to hide gold?
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.

SpecialistMike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX you available?

Customer:

Yes.

SpecialistMike :

Thats great, thanks for the question request.

SpecialistMike :

How much volume of gold are we talking about here?

SpecialistMike :

how much space does it take up

Customer:

Well I was thinking of $1,475.00 worth, for starters.

SpecialistMike :

in the form of jewelry etc?

Customer:

I guess in coins, but I would prefer and try to get something that would require as little space and volume as possible if I can.

SpecialistMike :

right

SpecialistMike :

well the next question i have for you is how "close" do you want to have access to it?

Customer:

Rosalind Capital and Goldline are 2 places I am thinking of.

SpecialistMike :

and you are looking for places to "keep" it securely

Customer:

I would like a close, yet safe place.

SpecialistMike :

right

SpecialistMike :

do you have separate properties you could put it on?

SpecialistMike :

let me put it this way

SpecialistMike :

because i dont want to specifically "tell you" where to hide it

SpecialistMike :

obviously the house is an OK idea assuming you could remember where it was

SpecialistMike :

and you could hide it in such a place that nobody would think to look for it there

SpecialistMike :

now

SpecialistMike :

up in the mountains

SpecialistMike :

where fine stones are dug and mined

SpecialistMike :

people will often keep them in a layered bag, but buried in the ground

SpecialistMike :

in a place where they know the earth or rain will not disturb them

SpecialistMike :

so in your case

SpecialistMike :

i dont really know what you have at your disposal

SpecialistMike :

but IF i had a precious metal, stones, etc

SpecialistMike :

and i know i wouldnt want to keep them in a safety deposit box

SpecialistMike :

i would probably keep them in a secure place, either so obvious that nobody would look for it - or in such a place that people wouldnt even know where to begin

Customer:

I was thinking about a safe deposit box, but how far can banks be trusted these days?

SpecialistMike :

valid concern

SpecialistMike :

its tough to say only because of all the theorists going around talking about it

SpecialistMike :

the other thing to consider is how long would you be keeping it there

SpecialistMike :

because keeping "something" in the box (ie a bag of your pieces within a small box) IN the box itself might be something to consider for the short term

Customer:

Well, thanks for the information. You have given me more ideas. That is what I am trying to do right now. I am trying to get different ideas from different people. This was just something that I was recently thinking about because there are a lot of rumors about the possibility that the dollar might one of these days become nothing but just a bunch of hot air.

SpecialistMike :

i completely understand your concerns

SpecialistMike :

i too am conerned with what everyone says may happen to the dollar

SpecialistMike :

so i think in your case, finding something around the house, yard, property is a safe bet

SpecialistMike :

but think about it like this

SpecialistMike :

if you choose a place, remember where it is, but make sure you don't access it so much that it looks constantly disturbed

SpecialistMike :

a sort of "cache"

SpecialistMike :

where you keep things - you can look into air and moisture resistant canisters and containers

SpecialistMike :

old military things

SpecialistMike :

that can be store in the earth

SpecialistMike :

stored*

Customer:

Thank you very much.

SpecialistMike :

you are very welcome - always a pleasure working with you

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Hello again its Mike - I just wanted to check in with you and see if you had some more question for me or anything I could help you out with. Let me know how I can be of further assistance. I hope all is well.