Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

Is Qalipu Indian name coptrighted?

Is Qalipu Indian name coptrighted?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
Can you provide a little more information regarding the copyrighted word (name) that you are wondering about? In what way are you wanting to use the name?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is a website Qalipu.ca for M'cmig Natives

I want to use name as Qalipu.net ( available) and use in incorporation names.

Bill Vincent- Newfoundland Canada

Thanks for the added information.

No, this word would not be copyrighted as it is a "common word." The word is Indian for reindeer (caribou) and therefore it would be like copyrighting the word "deer" or "bear." You can use the word and would be able to trademark your Qalipu.net but not the actual Qalipu word itself.

Hope this helps - if you have any further questions, just click on Reply to Expert.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

:-)
Hi William

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need any further help, feel free to request me anytime.

Let me know,
Greg