SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

is there a category on here that can help me with shelf lifes

is there a category on here that can help me with shelf lifes of bakery foods and deserts?
There is not a specific category, but I can help you. My name is Mike.

What can I assist you with today?

What can I assist you with today? Just let me know by hitting reply and I can provide you with the information on shelf lives of various goods.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what is the refrigerated shelf life of mousse (the desert)

Are you looking at pre-made or something you make yourself and then store in the cooler?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will make it and store it in a walkin fridge in a dakery

Assuming your refridgerator is controlled as a sub 40 degree setting, freshly made mousses and other similar deserts are good for 5 to 7 days. Obviously for palatability keep an eye on it in case it begins to lose its moistness.

I am confident you already know this but a temperature of 35-38 degrees F is ideal here as it will keep the deserts cool and refreshing but most importantly slowing the rate of any bacterial growth.

Just make sure the thermostat and thermometer are both working and you will be good for those 5 to 7 days.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks do you know where i can find a list of shelf lifes refrigerated and non refrigerated? i am opening a deli and making a bunch of deserts.

I will work on this follow up - it may be a little tough to find an all encompassing list simply because of all the variations in recipes but don't forget Jerry, it will ultimately be dependent on the individual ingredients which may spoil or go rancid faster than "dry" ingredients (similar to comparing cookies to mousse for example).