Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Can anyone on here tell me what the difference between "vapor"

Can anyone on here tell me what the difference between "vapor" distilled water vs distilled water is?

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Distilled water is a process where purification removes nearly all contaminants from the fluid. Water is boiled in a curved container and steam condenses on the lid, then runs off into a second container. Contaminants are left in the boiling container which results in almost pure water in the other container.

Vapor distilled water is a type of purified water where it is heated to a superheated status. Water is converted to steam and then travels to the original container and cools on the surface.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So basically the two are the same??

From my research, they are a bit different as distilled water is impurities removed by the process while vapor distilled water is created water made in a lab and steam is the end result., making it as pure as anything else out there.
Vapor distilled water is liked in science experiments as it has nothing added. It is considered cleaner than any other form of water.