Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

ra-jcl

lost combination to montgomery wards safe 9017 SERIEL NUMBER 78-63102 can you help?

Hello, Bobbye and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your safe's combination.

Unfortunately, Montgomery Wards didn't keep any records of safe combinations, and they are now out of business. Many of the safes they sold were imported, and the companies they imported from are no longer in business, either.

However, if your safe is a 'Meilink' safe, made for Montgomery Wards, then you might be in luck. Meilink is now part of Fire King, and you can try contacting them at the address and/or phone numbers here to see if they might have your safe's combination on file:

Fire King International, Inc.

Department 8065

Carol Stream IL 60122

Main Phone: 1-800-457-2424

Fax 1-800-227-7513

To speak with a factory Technical Support technician, call 1-800-452-4655. Phones are staffed 6 am - 8 pm Mon-Fri, 9 am - 6 pm Saturday, 9 am - 3 pm Sunday and holidays. All times are Eastern time zone.

If yours is not a 'Meilink' safe, the cost for a locksmith to drill open your safe or open it in another way, by manipulating it, might be more than it's actually worth, so you'll have to weigh your options. If you must get into the safe, you can check your Yellow Pages under Safes & Vaults for locksmith/safe technician companies near you to get an estimate for opening it, or try this company, which has offices nationwide: http://www.clearstar.com/

I realize this was probably not the news you were hoping to hear, but I wish you much good luck with your safe and hope you are able to get it open without too much difficulty!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be happy to continue to assist you once you let me know what additional information you require.

IMPORTANT: When you are satisfied with my answer, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', as this is the only way in which I am credited by the site for assisting you. Thanks very much!

Please remember, your satisfaction is my main priority!

If you found that this answer did not completely answer your question, please do not rate at this time, but click "Reply to Expert" and let me know how I can further assist you. Thank you!

***Please keep in mind, you are rating the quality of my answer/information, not the unfortunate circumstances of your situation, nor the website, itself. Thank you!***

Best regards,
Cher

Hi again, Bobbye.

Just following up with you to see how everything is going with your safe.

If you have any additional questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask by clicking 'Reply to Expert' and beginning your post with my name: 'Cher'.

If you found the information in my answer helpful, please take a moment to Rate it positively (smiley face), as this is the only way in which I receive credit from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Cher