Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

I have three hibiscus plants which I just brought in for the

I have three hibiscus plants which I just brought in for the winter. I previously had one for several years. Last year I was told not to water it in the winter. It died. What should I do with three new ( this year) ones?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
Thanks so much for the question. We have several of them that we winter inside as well each year. They are not going to look the same indoors as outside and you will need to ensure that it gets some sunlight. The leaves will usually yellow and all may fade (mainly due to the furnace in the house). If the leaves fall off but the branches are still pliable, then it probably has just gone into full dormancy. In that case you would then place it into a cool and dark location until the spring.

I am not sure who told you not to water them but that is incorrect. You will still need to water them but you need to water them less. You will only provide them with water when the soil is completely dry to the touch.

I hope this helps. If you have any followup questions, just click on reply to expert.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and all the best with your hibiscus plants.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The man who told me not to water is retired man from a local garden
shop ; reliable in the past but no one
is always right

I am SO GLAD that you came to visit and thanks for the positive rating. Feel free to request me anytime you might have questions.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need any further help, feel free to request me anytime.

Let me know,