SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I need to know the following:how many photos are taken on

I need to know the following: how many photos are taken on mobile phones each day, month and year.  if its difficult to find it for day and month, then the number of photos taken on a mobile device each year will do.

i also need to know how much revenue is generated from selling stock photography each year.  More specifically, stock photography sites such as: Getty images, shutter stock, i stock photo

My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for the excellent question.

Using one of the major social networks as a guide, its fair to say around 300 million, to 335 million photos per day are taken with mobile devices. This data taken from the average of uploads per day(the reason why most use their phones for integrating into their social networks). So you could say around 1.1 to 1.4 BILLION photos each year are taken on just mobile devices. Keep in mind more and more people are getting phones each day, younger and older, more and more people are getting their hands on cameras. STAGGERING to think how many people are uploading to social networks, and just how many pictures are taken.

Getty images for 2011 had a gross revenue of 946 million dollars, the entire stock photography revenue is estimated around 2 to 3 billion dollars with the entire photography market itself just under 69 billion dollars.

It' fair to say the stock photography market sees a staggering amount of money.

Hopefully this helps you in your project. Please remember to provide a rating to this interaction, any tips or bonuses are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which social network are you referring too? Can you tell me how many photos are uploaded to Instagram each day or per year?
Sure, of course.

The data of 330 million per day was the worlds largest currently - facebook.

Intagram is just a little lower than that per year, just around 1 billion(from spring 2011 to 2012) the difference being instagram is growing considerably faster currently than facebook. which as well all know is already very established.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if there was 330 million photos uploaded per day to facebook, wouldn't that be 109 billion per year and not 1.1 to 1.4 billion per year? can you send me links to the sources you found this information on.

Yes 109 billion is correct if you stick with EXACTLY 300 million a day, quick mental math to finger mistake. Obviously though we know uploads are not exactly that each and every day. It would be wise to estimate slightly higher and use a 10 percent deviation, simply because for example with holidays coming, we know more people = more pictures and thus more uploads thus giving you a rough 110 to 125ish billion.

Its a range because narrowing down the exact numbers are going to changed based on the amount of people who 1) have phones in their hands, 2) how many new users which again is getting bigger each day.

Source is direct from facebook scroll down and look for "capturing growth".