JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a friend who is 58 years old - she has no health insurance

I have a friend who is 58 years old - she has no health insurance and is of minimal income

She badly needs dental care right now.
I have told her that the new government Affordable Care Act might be able to provide some help to her, in getting the dental care she needs.

Question: how can she apply for assistance through the Affordable Care Act to get the help she needs, and would she need to go to only certain dentists, or would she be able to go back to the dentist she's had before ?

Thank you,
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your friend's circumstances. Has she applied for Medicaid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, she has applied for medicaid, but is not eligible, for one reason or another...

but i am not asking about medicaid - i am asking about assistance for her under the Federal Government's Affordable Care Act - how can she obtain assistance through this program ?

Under the Affordable Care Act, she can go to this site: She can put in her state and the website will list what her insurance options are under that law.

Alternatively, all dental schools offer low cost clinics. If she lives near one or can easily travel to one, she may want to contact them for an appointment.

I hope that you found this information to be helpful and, indeed, informative and worthy of a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

If I have not clarified things, please reply, because I want to make sure that you are satisfied that I have answered all of your concerns!

~~ J.B.