Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Does anyone know a projected date for when the North Jersey

Does anyone know a projected date for when the North Jersey Coastline will be up and running on NJ Transit?

Librarian Michael :

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Librarian Michael :

Just conducted a news search online for when the Coast Line should be up and running. The Associated Press ran a story on Nov 12 (Monday) and they report that Transit executive director James Weinstein tells The Associated Press that the North Jersey Coast Line could resume limited service between Long Branch and New York City within seven to 10 days.

Librarian Michael :

Librarian Michael :

Repair could conclude by the end of this week and service could be restored after that from Long Branch.

Librarian Michael :

And here are some options just released on NJ Transit:

I'm truly not understanding the way things are being run. Is it possible to just find out what is running from Newark Penn Station to South Amboy, NJ

I would continue to refresh the link I am providing below as this is the updated release from NJ Transit and can keep you updated on changes that they are making as well as the repairs they are trying to fix:

Update from NJ Transit as of this morning:

Looks like right now just service between Grove Street and Newark Penn Station:

Another option to see when the line is running again is: NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone, PDA or pager. Service information is also available by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN