General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
Type Your Question Here...

I bought a beautiful 58" X 108" double stitched American Flag

I bought a beautiful 58" X 108" double stitched American Flag to put up on Veterans day but I have no pole. Is it OK to attach it from my rain gutters just for the day or is that disrespectful? XXXXX XXXXXlon sonoma
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Ideally the American flag should hang from a staff that angles out from the wall. The flag is not meant to touch anything below it such as the ground, water or a structure. A rain gutter is bound to be dirty and the flag will also rub against the wall of your house which could soil the flag as well.

I would recommend not hanging the flag from the rain gutter. Making an early morning trip to your local still will still provide you with plenty of time to proudly display your American flag for Veteran's Day.