Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

This is not an Android Question! Industrial.Is there a

This is not an Android Question! Industrial.

Is there a commercial use for Pine Bark, apart from garden use?

I have tons of Bark being dumped.

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer / Pearl.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be your Expert today.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX you have not been helped yet my friend. Sometimes the right Expert, with the experience to Answer your Question, isn't available at the time you originally posted your Question.

You maybe seeing that more information is required from you; This can be disregarded since my first post is just to see if you're still looking to receive help. Let me know.

Thanks,
XXXXX XXXXXndsey

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Carl.

I was thinking that someone out there may have a commercial use,idea for Pine Bark other than compost, burning for steam, or garden decoration!

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX NZ.

Hey Tim,

Let me get you to the correct Category for this Question. Somehow you were put in the Android Category. You'll receive an email as soon as an Expert in the proper Category responds.

Thanks,

Carl

Received your question and my research has come up with some benefits of using bark for other things like what you mentioned.

Researchers believe that the pine bark extract can treat various health problems. The pine bark extract may potentially treat high blood pressure, asthma and heart disease. A few cancer drugs are also extracted from bark. Plant extract from pine bark shows promise in relieving pain and improving physical function in patients suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee. Pine bark has been used as a foodstuff for thousands of years in human history as its extract is marketed as Flavangenol.

Bark has become a necessity in the production of clothing and recreational objects. It is woven into capes, blankets, rain ponchos, baskets and mats.

Bark is most commonly used to make baskets which were woven together to create baskets, containers, and an assortment of other objects.

Pine bark is used to help purify water as it is a renewable resource and an alternative to using activated carbon to remove pesticides and other chemicals from water.

Michael, Librarian
Experience: 20+ years as information professional