SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Having just watched Joel Fuhrmans program on healthy eating,

Having just watched Joel Fuhrman's program on healthy eating, how do I find somebody who can recommend a cook book that introduces me to vegetarXXXXX XXXXXing. Being a novice I need a book that starts with simple basics for a vegetarian diet. I would like to know the value of different nutrient rich foods. I would begin with soups, salads and deserts.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX while not a vegetarian myself I am attest to the extreme benefits vegetarian diet can have, even for those in elite athletics with a few adjustments. Accidently becoming a vegetarian in college when I was on a tight budget, I very quickly learned about the cholesterol and GI tract benefits as well as confirming that even in a performance setting vegetarXXXXX XXXXXving can be great - I was still lacto-ovo but minimal if any meat products simply because of budget(so almost).

Even during my studies in performance and sport science while being a competitive athlete the compliment system proved really great.

Mark Bittman writes a couple of fantastic "how to cook everything..." books is the vegetarian book in his series.

Deborah Madison also has a fantastic book

While I haven't read this particular book I have heard and read great reviews about it -How it all Vegan by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard

What I would do is just go to a local book store and look through them to see how you like the way each are set up, then decide which you like better.

Of the first 2 books I listed Bittman or Madison, either will be a serious staple in your cooking and recipe composition. They are excellent! Solid information and great books to get the critical thinking wheels turning.

If you have some spare time and want to do some huge reading online is the vegetarian resource site that links to a huge amount of electronic information.

Bern what do you think?

Just hit reply to let me know your thoughts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your billing system is at most vague.

What am I charged for your service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the 3rd time I have asked, how much have I paid for this service today