hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
Type Your Question Here...

My wife has breast cancer and no insurance. She is also a citizen

My wife has breast cancer and no insurance. She is also a citizen of Egypt and we are working on getting her a green card and social security number. Is there any help that I can get to pay for all of the treatments?

hrguru206 :

I would advise you to contact several large non profit organizations that specialize in providing resources and programs for women suffering from breast cancer. The largest and most well known that I am aware of are. The national breast cancer foundation, contact here.... The Susan G. Komen foundation here... 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) and website... (This link goes directly to a list of national treatment assistance funds) And also look at the American Breast Cancer Research Foundation which also has several programs available to help individuals financially.

hrguru206 :

I would contact each one of these and document who you speak with and the information provided. You may wish to keep a binder with all of the contact info and resources. There is typically funding available but you may need to go through several steps to find it. I wish you and your wife the best fighting this disease and a quick recovery. Obtaining the green card will definitely help her get the programs and services she needs.

hrguru206 :

Please remember to rate my informaion as it is the only way I am credited wit assisting. I am happy to answer any additional questions.