Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
10522817
Type Your Question Here...

What can you use to clean and shine stainless steel

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

bryanpaul52 :

good morning

Customer:

hi

bryanpaul52 :

okay there are products made just for cleaning stainless but they are a waiste of money, heres a great and inexpensive way to clean and shine your range. For everyday wear and tear, rubbing alcohol is the ultimate cleanser and sanitizer for your stainless steel range. Use it on a daily basis to return the stainless steel to an attractive shine. Rubbing alcohol naturally combats everyday messes, leaving your range lustrous. I use that all the time and it works great ! try it I think you'll be very pleased,

Customer:

rubbing alcohol?

bryanpaul52 :

yes sir.

Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.
CustomerI hope your day is going well.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will give you a few other options.

Since you never mentioned what situation you will be cleaning the stainless in, I would like to give my experience with a couple of cleaners. So for countertops and sinks Weiman brand cleaner(in the can) has always done a great job around the house.

In a situation like cleaning and shining a stainless steel exhaust, you may need to up the ante a bit. Some people go as far as using a product called Bar Keeper's Friend which is also a solid product with a lot of uses including cleaning nasty hazy glass surfaces(non eating surfaces). The last thing is cleaning stainless steel exhausts, the heaviest of cleaning jobs, usually people use a product called Nevr Dull, if the surface is non eating again, but in the case of removing severe crud or grime they may use a light metal polish like blue magic brand and combine it with 0000 numbered steel wool.

I hope this helps you in your stainless cleaning tasks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have a stand alone microwave oven,. I tried a acholol solution but it still got some black spots or dark spots. Any thoughts on that ?

I hope your day is going well.

My name is Mike and I will give you a few other options.

In a situation like cleaning and shining a stainless steel exhaust, you may need to up the ante a bit. Some people go as far as using a product called Bar Keeper's Friend which is also a solid product with a lot of uses including cleaning nasty hazy glass surfaces(non eating surfaces).

I would use the weiman cleaner at this point, or if you happened to have a light mix of bar keepers friend, the latter being the more aggressive way. Try weiman cleaner first with something like a terry cloth cotton towel.