Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

in the 50s I had a puzzle that you had to read the story sheet

in the 50's I had a puzzle that you had to read the story sheet in order to put the puzzle together. It was not a typical puzzle pattern; each character in the puzzle was its own piece that fit into the other pieces. Reading the instructions would tell a story, and the story would help guide you to where each piece fit. There was a scientist experimenting with glycerin, I think. There was a pretty assistant, a stuffy woman walking her pet poodle that was being chased by a hungry pig, and other silly characters. (The pig wanted to eat the poodle's puffs.)

the edges of the puzzle were irregular shaped and to look at the puzzle there was not a particular picture. The fun was in the reading the sheet and putting the story together. We are trying very hard to find this puzzle, but don't even know the name. It had maybe 100-150 pieces. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm willing to wait. The puzzle was in a little plastic box, about 6x6x1 1/2" what was clear. We've looked up story puzzles and have not yet been able to even find one similar to it. Thank you for your assistance.

We appreciate your patience as we work to solve your puzzle.
We will continue to search for the right Professional to assist you.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Spent most of the morning trying to research your puzzle question and I may have some up with what you are looking for.

Research on the many puzzle message boards and I came up with this information.

Jumble-Fits" / "Cluster Puzzle" series of puzzles marketed by Cadaco starting in 1966. Each of the puzzles came up with a "hint card".

Here is a link to a book that is being created by a fan of these puzzles as well as an ebay link to find where you can bid on these particular puzzles:

Michael, Librarian
Experience: 20+ years as information professional