Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I am holding some Certificates of Deposit from 1995 with First

I am holding some Certificates of Deposit from 1995 with First Union National Bank of Florida. I understand that this bank has been bought out by another a while back. Who now owns/controlls the accountfs from First Union and what should I do to get information on the status of these Certificates?

First Union Bank merged with Wachovia: On September 1, 2001. Wachovia was bought out by Wells Fargo Bank in 2008. I would start the process of tracking your CD Account by contacting the Wells Fargo main office which is an 800 number this is the information from the Wells Fargo Website: If you have questions, please call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Make sure you have all the original account information and security information. Since this is the weekend they may not be able to track down the CD's until a week day, but Wells Fargo would be the one to help you with this issue right now. This is a link for Wells fargo's website: https://www.wellsfargo.com/

Joan