Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking into a degree in MSN I have a few questions.

I am looking into a degree in MSN I have a few questions. What qualifications are necessary to work in this field? Is this a field that you were interested in working in? Why or why not? In your opinion, what are the best parts about working in this field? In your opinion, what are some of the worst parts about working in this field? I am in college know and considering this for a career choice want and opinion on this career.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am still interested but would be nice if you could find someone soon.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you and I will try to .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you for your help.

Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I might be able to help you with this, but can you please specify what "MSN" stands for, as it can have multiple meanings.

What year of college are you in and what is your major?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Master of science in nursing I am in my second year of college and am working on an lpn licence know.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

I thought it might be Master of Science in Nursing, but had to be sure, before sending you an answer.

Please allow me a short while to type and send a detailed answer to your questions.
Thank you.

Hi again, and thanks for your patience.

Different schools offer different options in various programs, to earn this degree. You can see a sample of one here, from Indiana University:

Qualifications for admission to an MSN program will also vary, but typically will include an undergraduate degree--B.S. in Nursing. and being an R.N. with clinical experience in this field. Just for your reference, here is an example from the same university's admissions department:

I am interested in working in this field in order to expand my abilities and future goals in nursing, in order to help all people in need, especially those in need of specialized care.

The best part about working in this field is having the ability to make a difference in the care and lives of patients. There is so much more you can do, having your MSN, after completing your B.S. in Nursing, and you can choose your specialization. The salaries are also higher than that of R.N.

The worst parts of working in this field are increased responsibilities, making many more important decisions and increased pressure to be a leader to more people.

In my opinion, it would very advantageous to go on to earn your MSN after you graduate from college as an R.N. It will open up many more opportunities for you in the nursing field and you could be a Nurse Practitioner and even open your own practice. Many people are going on for this higher degree in this field and the job opportunities are fantastic.

I wish you much good luck in your future educational endeavors!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist