Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I just found the first scorpion ever in the home we have lived

I just found the first scorpion ever in the home we have lived in for 3 years. My husband trapped in under a glass, however, I am concerned it can get out from underneath. I have placed glue traps all around the outside of the glass. Is there something else I should/could do? I can't sleep knowing it is alive in the house.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Julie and welcome back to Just Answer.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem!

You have a couple of choices. You can put something heavy, like a pot or a book on top of the glass (make sure it's not too big and balanced, so it can't fall) to ensure that it can't get out from underneath the glass. If it's on a hard floor, that's good, but if it's on tile, make sure it is not near the edge of a tile or where the grout is, as that will not be a completely flat surface. If it is on carpet, which is softer, putting extra weight on the glass will help more.

Your other choice is for your husband to take a paper plate and carefully slide it under the glass, then carry the scorpion (with the glass still over it, outside, away from the house, and toss it. If you can't sleep knowing it's alive in the house, although trapped under the glass, this second option may be better for you, but it must be done very carefully, so the scorpion cannot get away during the process, before your husband is outside, away from the house and ready to let it go.

I wish you much good luck and hope it is out of your house, asap!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist