Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Financial question about the effect of changing payment terms

Thank your for contacting us. What is your question about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Lady. Should i explain the problem?

Yes, please tell me what your question is.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Corporate finance question:

If i choose to pay my vendors net 67 days instead of net 60 days, how much will i save?

Assume i am invoiced $3 Million each week by my vendors and my cost of capital is 3.5 %.

That is a bit outside my area of expertise. I will opt out of the question, and another professional should be along shortly to help you.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Finance question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. I can wait. What would really be helpful would be a link to a calculator or spreadsheet where i can put in different variables.

Let me know..

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another Professional to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Lindie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i can wait if you think you will eventually obtain an answer for me. Let me know..

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

I was able to come across this link to a calculator that you can plug in variables and come up with different payment options and savings http://www.theapchannel.com/accounts-payable/dpo_calculator

Also another option is using Microsoft Excel. I would check the help section in the database to see if there is a tutorial on this topic.

Hope this is a start and can be helpful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for finding that link!

Jeff

Your more than welcome. Please go ahead and rate my answer so that I receive credit for helping you.
Michael, Librarian
Experience: 20+ years as information professional