Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

When does horseradish get harvested?

When does horseradish get harvested?

Librarian Michael :

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Librarian Michael :

It sounds like you have a horseradish plant so I hope your plant is big enough to start getting what is the end result. Even if you do not and are interested in when it gets harvested, here is what the experts agree upon. You can harvest in the fall, right after the first frost. You can also harvest in spring.

Librarian Michael :

Dig as deep as you can go and pull the root from the ground. You can also break off some of the roots and replant if you would like.

Librarian Michael :

Ground what root you pulled out and not replant into horseradish.

Librarian Michael :

Some like spring better as that is when the root is hottest. Spring is when you should plant for the next year harvest and although anytime of the year is fine to harvest, spring seems to be when it is hottest. That is if you want the horseradish to be hot!

Librarian Michael :

Hope this answered your question. Please let me know if I can answer anything else on this topic and please rate my answer so that I can get an understanding if my answer was helpful.