SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

HOw do you fry rice??

HOw do you fry rice??
Category: General
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Answers are for informational purposes only. If I don't respond right away, be patient. I will get back to you ASAP.

This is a medical category with doctors answering questions.

Do you have a medical question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO, its not medical, its cooking! Customer/p>

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha. I don't think there is a cooking category on this site, but I can look it for you if you like.

Would you like me to find you a recipe for that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not interested in a recipe! I DO NOT know the correct way to do it. Thank you. Doctor. I'm sorry it went to you, Just answer. I sent it to ehow. I'd asked ask.com how to do it, they told me to ask this ehow. I've neer any heard of that site. Anyway, I'm so sorry for bothering you. Customer/p>

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
If you are not interested in a recipe what would you like to know?
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.

Well you start with about 1-3 cups cooked rice, not dry.

You bring your pan to a medium heat, add in a tablespoon or so of oil of your choice, or you could spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. The lighter option would be without oil, using nonstick spray

If you plan to cook with egg beat 1 or 2 in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.

You basically cook your eggs until lightly scrambled but broken into little pieces and set that aside

First cook your pre-cooked meat(if adding it) until nice and hot or brown to your liking, add in your veggies like onion, scallion, peas, carrot, whatever you like, then you can, if needed add in abit more oil, if not - no big deal. The vegetables should only take a minute or so - cook until hot, but still crisp.

Add in your pre-cooked rice, and continually stir to get mixed, then you can pause for a few seconds at a time so the rice gets a little firmer, then break up the clumps and re-pause - about midway through when youre about halfway done, drop in the precooked egg and continue to cook to completion which shouldn't be much longer.

I personally tend to cook this on very high heat myself, continually stirring - on my terrible electric stove it tends to go faster because the heating is so uneven.

Here is a great video if you want to see a variation of cooking it visually http://www.ehow.com/video_6737_make-fried-rice.html

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not want another recipe w/fried rice! I want to know just how to make the rice pretty & brown/tan! Brown the rice,,,myself! Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX thanks!

You were given the directions included in this - I merely added the "before and after" steps because it stir fried rice traditionally includes other things. I will just cut and paste in bold so its easier to understand.

You bring your pan to a medium heat, add in a tablespoon or so of oil of your choice, or you could spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. The lighter option would be without oil, using nonstick spray.

Just keep in mind fried rice is cooked with an egg, lightly scrambled but then added in later in the recipe, whether you choose other things or not.

So again, 2 ways - precook by steaming for both ways.

1. cook without moving the rice for a few seconds at a time, then break up clumps and re-stir, repeat until desired browning is reached
2. cook on very high heat, continually stirring as not to scorch.

Enjoy your fried rice !! Don't forget to provide a rating to the answer, I made it sweet and simple for you(sorry for the confusion in the beginning).

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Young man, fitness expert, I do not know how to cut & paste!Customer/p>

Cut and paste is simply highlighting whatever words you want with the left click on your mouse, then hold control and press C for copy.

Then when you move to the field you want to paste in, you can either right click in the area(a menu will appear and you select paste) OR you can hold control and press V for paste