Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
11297241
Type Your Question Here...

I noticed that I do not see a political category and I do have

Customer Question

I noticed that I do not see a political category and I do have a political question. I am going to go ahead. It is the law that inorder to vote an American has to prove citizenship. How does the average Black African American or I should say how does the native Black American prove citizen if he or she intends to vote in the upcoming election?
Category: General
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The Constitution and its Amendments grant citizens the right to vote. "All persons born or naturalized" "are citizens" of the U.S. and the state where they reside pursuant to the 14th Amendment.

In order to vote, a citizen must first register. The registration process generally requires proof of your drivers license or social security to prove citizenship. You also must sign the application thereby affirming your status as a citizen.

To the extent that there are no living slaves, the issue of their citizenship is not relevant in this upcoming election. All people born in the U.S. are citizens of the U.S. for purposes of the right to vote.

NOTICE: I hope this answers the question you have posted. Please reply for follow-up information or clarification, or kindly RATE MY SERVICE so that I can be compensated for my time. Failing to rate my answer or rating my answer lower than the middle rating means that the website retains your deposit and I receive nothing. Thank you.

Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience: Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I accept that all citizens have the right to vote, why do they have to prove it and how do they prove at the election boot? Come November I know this rule will be greatly scrutinized.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I asked about the sky and the earth as real estate please send the answer again. I need to read more.

A person proves their citizenship at the time of registering to vote. There is no need to prove citizenship at the polls, only identity. If a person is not registered, he cannot cast a vote.