Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
Type Your Question Here...

value of vintage ringling bros b&b circus poster 40s and

value of vintage ringling bros b&b circus poster '40's and 50's

These Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus posters can be very valuable from the 1940's and 50's. (and even more valuable from the late 20s and throughout the 1930's)

Looking at the last five years of Circus posters these can sell between 500.00-800.00 (USD) depending on the condition and individual poster...and whether it is an authentic example (so many of these were reproduced).

These really should be seen by a specialist on site or atleast reviewed by a house that specializes in these particular posters. There are a few very good places to get these considered closely and I have picked some throughout the country in case one is closer than another to see if we can get this to one of these auction houses...although Skinner in Boston and James D. Julia in Maine are very good options for RB Circus material too. I don't know where you are located.

The best for Circus posters are these three below and all have sold Ringling Brothers posters for great numbers. Call and see which suits you..if you are thinking of selling, these would be the best to contact as this order. All my best, Dori

Swann Auction Galleries

104 East 25th Street

New York , New York

USA 10010

Telephone :(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Fax :(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Website :

Heritage Auctions

1st Floor Auction Room

Dallas , Texas

USA 75219

Telephone : +1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Fax : +1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Website :

Leslie Hindman

1338 West Lake Street

Chicago , Illinois

USA 60607

Telephone :(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Fax :(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Website :