Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

What kind of animal can fly and carry a human?

There is no documentation of any bird or animal that can fly any period of time that can pick up a human. There are a few stories of Eagles picking up infants or small children, but not fly any distance. This is an article: http://alexk2009.hubpages.com/hub/Big-Birds-that-carry-off-children

Raptors, Owls and Large birds of prey have been known to be able to pick up small animals, like small dogs and cats.

If you are considering mythological animals the Dragon would have been one that could pick up a human.

In Prehistoric times there were a few different flying dinosaurs that would have easily been able to lift a human.

I hope this information is helpful.

Joan