Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking for an expert who might have experience travelling

I am looking for an expert who might have experience travelling in Japan. In particular I would like to know if it is a reasonable expectation that I would be able to take my luggage with me easily on the trains available to take travelers from Narita airport into Tokyo. To hire a car there to take me to my hotel is apparently more than $800 US dollars (each way, not round trip) and a taxi is not much less expensive. I am looking for an alternative way from the airport into the city and back again when I depart, but I will have 2 large suitcases and a small carry on, and i am only one traveller. I can roll all these but am not sure if the trains are designed to accommodate transportation of luggage like this. Thank you!
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help on this question.

I visited Japan in that area a couple years ago and took the train into Tokyo. While I did not carry as much luggage, those trains are designed for the flyer and do have area for luggage. You will not have an issue on those specific trains. Now, for the rest of the trains in the country, there is very limited space for luggage. However, there are so many who fly in Japan (as it is a landlocked country) that they have designed those trains for more luggage.

to read more information on luggage in Japan on trains - there is discussion of the airport lines.

If you need any followup, just click on Reply. All the best in your travels! You will enjoy Japan if you have not been before.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much!