Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

why does Facebook put the advertising on the right side of

why does Facebook put the advertising on the right side of the page instead of left?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to try to help today.

The main reason why they do not put on the left is that most people have different sizes of screens, especially those with laptops, macs, etc.

The left side of the window is always going to be visible, even if the right side is cut off due to the screen size.

Therefore, the main navigation buttons and areas are put on the left to ensure that the user is able to see and use them quickly and efficiently. The ads, which will still appear on most screens these days, are on the right side where they are still visible and can be clicked on but not part of the main navigation portion of the program.

People are read visually from left to right so, Facebook knows that the first thing users are seeing are their facebook information such we naturally read from the left. They would be more apt to be upset if the first thing they were seeing was advertisement.

Hopefully this helps. Feel free to request me anytime for your homework needs.