Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

How does hitting a draw driver differ from hitting a regular

How does hitting a draw driver differ from hitting a regular driver
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help on this question.

The draw driver is slightly heavier in the head and used to help reduce a slice in a swing and make it "straighter." Some argue that it provides more distance, but the overall consensus is that this generally is not the case with the draw driver.

Typically it is used in conjunction with practice on correcting the issues with the swing that are causing the fades and occasional slice shots that are occurring with the regular driver.
When used correctly, they will allow you you more accurately place your shot when a draw is needed as opposed to just a straight drive shot.

All the best. If you need followup, just click on Reply to Expert.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand the concept

What i was asking was is there any difference in hitting the driver ie stance,set up aligning theclubface, etc.

Ah, sorry about that.

No, the driver stance will be the same for the draw driver as for the driver. Due to the difference in the head (weight, etc) you should notice a difference using the same stance as with your driver.

:-)