Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

How do I get rid of varmints (probably red squirrels) living

How do I get rid of varmints (probably red squirrels) living in the insulation between the roof and the vaulted ceiling?

Librarian Michael :

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Experts from the State of Conn. Environment Department have some good ideas on how to protect your home from these not invited guests:

Let me know if this is helpful with your request by rating my answer. If you need additional info, please contact me and I will continue to search for an answer.

Best of luck in getting rid of your visitors!

Librarian Michael :

Another good source that talks about roof and ceiling:

Seems like the most effective way is to trap the critters but the problem with that is that there are other critters, too; how would I know I trapped the "residents" and not some other animal (I live where forest surrounds the house). I don't see that wire mesh would help if there are babies inside: they'd destroy more to get to their offspring. Your second reference is more specific and will help more in what I have to do. Thanks for your persistence.

Librarian Michael :

It does look like my second link is what you need in order to stop the visitors. Good luck with this and please rate my answer so that I receive credit for your question.

Thanks. Bye.