SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

land scaping

land scaping
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.
John,

What is your question in regard to landscaping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am trying 2 grow a trailing vine of jasmine attached under the eaves of my house . the vine would hang down from under the eave that is above the windows and doors ,but will climb the walls of some of the wall . i am having a hard time explaing what i want . i may have 2 hire a pro land scaper. it seems the handy men i have asked to string the wire from which the vine would hang can' comprend what i am saying . do u know where i might find some pics 2 show them or a way 2 explain 2 them what i want . it can't be that hard . Thanks p.s. this is in the back yard in my court yard. thanks

Gail, I think I understand what you are saying - correct me if I am wrong.

The vine is having trouble hanging underneath the eave so you are curious to what type of wire to use to make sure the vine can continue to wrap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is correct

Thats great Gail,

I would suggest using fishing line in place of thinner wire or even string. Water can erode and decay the string and metal wire over time. If you need something thicker than fishing line, stainless steel wire is a great choice because while over long periods of time fishing wire can get a bit brittle, the stainless cable actually has great corrosion resistance, compared to other wires. I probably myself would use a thicker fishing line, only because it looks somewhat invisible to the eye, but again use what you think would look nice.

My mother uses fishing line for her vines that run up some of her smaller barns as well as her wellhouse, uses the same eyehooks too.

Use this picture of christmas lights as a representation http://lh5.ggpht.com/-g3mY2U9KXgI/T-sYKE1t9xI/AAAAAAAAImA/Ry0wrX-vhk4/IMG_0952%25255B15%25255D.jpg - its a picture of christmas lights through eye hooks but you can show them that the fishing line which will be a bit tighter than this, will basically guide the vine and allow it to wrap and coil around it. They can use lighter knots or loops for tension as needed.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I noticed you are an an Musculoskeletal Injury Specialist , I have a question. I have been diagnosed with fibro myalgia I am very athletic, but do get very tired and achy especially when the temp changes and or it rains. I really don't know if there is such a as thing as fibromyaliga I know it is questionable. Do you have any suggestions of how to strengthen my body to help? my muscles really hurt.
Hi Gail - I would love to help, but site rules dictate that separate questions have to be created in order for experts to answer, when they differ so greatly.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how are the questions different? asking how to help aching muscles

Sorry for the confusion Gail.

The site rules basically say you that if the topic differs enough (vine stringing versus FM) that each question needs its own individual posting(for organization purposes).

Just create a new question and request me with a good time limit and I can answer for you. I just have the follow the rules myself. I hope you understand.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS