hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
Type Your Question Here...

Does a store that sells Puritan clothing of both men and women

Does a store that sells Puritan clothing of both men and women in the year 1692 exist? If so, what is it? I am looking for a store like this where such purchases can be purchased over the phone or on the website with a credit card. And for them to have big sizes for men too. Like 20 and 22 neck size for shirts and waist 50 and 52 for pants and such. I was thinking of outfits like this for a possible costume party for me and friends of mine. I appreciate any assistance that you can provide in this matter. Thank you for your assistance.

hrguru206 :

Most of what you will find will be patterns to make traditional Puritan clothing. If you know someone with and average level of sewing ability, then the actual patterns are quite simple and easy to follow. I am not aware of any Puritan clothing stores that sale these types of clothes for use still today. You can find a costume and purchase online. Here is one example of a site... The XXL goes up to a 42 inch waist but the material is simple and could be let out a bit to accomodate someone larger. They also have some plus sized clothing here... And also here.. . Even if you do not have sewing ability you may be able to ask friends and family if they know of anyone able to make the costumes for a small fee or buy a simple outfit and just add the accessories which are easily found at any of these websites.