SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I need a list of all banks, credit unions, bank holding companies

I need a list of all banks, credit unions, bank holding companies with their regulatory ID and Tax ID number.
Category: General
Expert:  InfoSpark replied 2 years ago.

Swissone2 :

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I would like to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with five years of experience.

Are you looking in a specific state or nationwide?

Customer : Nationwide
Expert:  Loretta replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 10 years of public library experience.

The best way to get this information may be Reference USA database, which you can access from most any library if you go there in person. If you have a library card, you can access from home.

You can set filters by zip code if you like.

There are other sources that will give you what you need. Does this help?

Expert:  Loretta replied 2 years ago.

Hi Customer, and thank you for your patience. Besides the ReferenceUSA, this information is available at the FDIC Institution Directory's website: http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/

I'm not sure how you plan to use your information, but there are tutorials that will help you get the information you are looking for into various reports. Follow the tutorial links on the website for more information. Let me know if you need any other information.

Expert:  Loretta replied 2 years ago.
In addition, I would also recommend the North American Financial Institutions Directory. This is an annual publication that contains all of the information you are looking for. It is an expensive resource, but most public libraries have it in their reference collection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This does not work. I can only find 980 of the 20,000 banks, credit unions, and Bank Holding Companies using my own resource SNL.

I cannot locate a list or Tax IDs for all of these institutions using these sites.

I will pay another $100 if you can provide me with a list in Excel with name, city, state, tax id. If you can add Certificate or regultory # XXXXX will pay another $50.

Expert:  Rachel-Moderator replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
My name isXXXXX you settle for a non-excel format ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes as long as it contains all the data I requested

Here is your information in excel format so you can just plug and chug. It took me quite a bit to find and confirm it. Please remember to rate and and bonuses would be tremendously appreciated. All of these are up to date as of 8/31/2012.

National banks and Fed branches/agencies as of 8/31 sorted by state/city

Credit card banks sorted by state and city

Trust banks by city and state

Federal savings associations as of 8/31

Best of luck with, though quite a task, its been a pleasure assisting youSmile

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your lists have figures for 1,996 institutions. There are 19,980 banks, credit unions, and bank holding companies. Can you locate the other ones?

Are you looking specifically for each and every individual branch?

I can probably provide each BANK itself, but it would take weeks to find and confirm each and every branch. It would be well beyond what I think it would cost - and this could be something, once you found your total listing, that you could do and actually save money in place of recruiting me.

Finding each list of banks by state is a daunting task, I have to kindly ask that you agree to pay at minimum a 120 dollar total payment for each individual state bank listing as this is going to take some hefty hours.

Is that alright with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the offer but I am not interested.

I found out the numbers you provided for me are not Tax ID numbers. You provided RSSD numbers.

There is a difference a tax id is a sequence of 9 numbers: 2 numbers a dash and 7 more numbers: xx-xxxxxxx. You can quickly look up Goldman Sachs number as an example.

RSSD numbers are fairly easy to access and was able to locate it for every institution. I am not sure why you state that it is a daunting task that would take weeks to find and I am not sure why you would charge me $120 per institution. That is excessive for something that is relatively easy to obtain.

I should have researched all of this and verified the information I received before I stated that I was satisfied.