Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
10522817
Type Your Question Here...

ge refridgearator evaperator freezes up

ge refridgearator evaperator freezes up

bryanpaul52 :

Do you have the model number ?

Customer:

ge side by side gsh25kgmb bb models 20 22 25

Customer:

model 20 22 25 gsh25kgmb bb

Customer:

gsh25kgmb bb

bryanpaul52 :

okay let me look this up. so the heater and the defrost thermostat test good ?

Customer:

both have continuity

bryanpaul52 :

how often does this freeze up ?

bryanpaul52 :

do you want to take this to Q&A instead ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no answer has been recieved it would not let me responed the freezer freezes right away refriderator is 50 degrees defrost tube has continuity so dues thermostat

okay if both of them are good you need to replace the thermistor in the freezer. number 241 on this diagram. its clipped to the top of the evaporator coils, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/WR55X10025/914093?modelNumber=GSH25KGMBBB Thermistor WR55X10025 Main Product Viewthis tells the freezer when to defrost. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi had to order temp sensor got it put it in and still have same problem it freezes up in 5 hours what should i look for need to get this fix happy to give bonus

does this run steady all the time not stopping ? also did you defrost all the coils before putting this back together and did you put the back panel in the freezer back in ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it runs steady all the time and i defrosted coils all the way but i did not put panel over coils back on

okay sorry we are having site issue's, you need to put the panel back in after you defrost it. you cant leave that off it will run constantly and freeze up. try that.