Carole
Carole, Nurse
Experience:  Nurse, educator
7466212
Type Your Question Here...

In 2009, my son accused me of abusing him. Social Services

In 2009, my son accused me of abusing him. Social Services was called by the school. Social worker came to my house, interviewed my son, daughter, my ex-husband. This was the final report: Perponderance of evidence that my son was maltreated by me under 711-5. That I acted in an aggressive manner, throwing a vase on the floor, yelling and cursing at my son. That I later went to his room and cornerd and continued yelling at him. The case was at a level III and done in open and close fashion-risk level is moderate. I was not placed on a registry and did not loose any rights or anything-I was able to see him, talk to him etc. no supervision but he lived with his father-which is what he wanted in the first place and the fight was all about. An is states not placed on Central Registry and no overrides were used. I am applying for a job that requires extensive background check because it is a federally funded Hospice. I will be working the front desk-no patient interaction. Do I have to disclose this on the background check form?

Carole :

Hello- In consideration of your new employment application with hospice, unless you have criminally charged of an offense (other than a misdemeanor) you would not have to report this information. If this information has been made part of a criminal record or convicted of a felony- than it would need to be reported on the application. I wish you the best!

Carole :

If you have any further question's or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
Carole N.P.

Almost done! Please rate my answer, so that I may be credited for my work!
Thank You for using Just Answer!

Customer:

So, you are a nurse has this been confirmed with a legal advocate?

Carole :

I am a Nurse Practitioner, I currently co-partner a hospice house. A criminal background check determines if you have been convicted...of a felony.

Customer:

Okay, thanks.

Carole :

your very welcome! I wish you the best with your employment! :)

Carole :

Thanks,
Carole N.P.

Thank You for using Just Answer!