Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Just wondering where to go for the best film schools no education

Just wondering where to go for the best film schools no education and which is the british film scripts the best for people to learn scripts?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, William and thanks for requesting me.

Are you looking for the best film schools in the UK, where you are currently located, or can they be in any area/country?

If only in UK, please tell me your city/town/postal code.

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in London please?

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
H again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Please allow me a little while to research this for you and I will post back, asap.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, William.

The London Film Academy sounds like it would be great for your purposes. They offer courses in screenwriting (scripts) as well as filmaking).Here is more detailed information: http://www.londonfilmacademy.com/

The London Film School also has an excellent reputation:
http://www.lfs.org.uk/

Also, take a look at this school: http://centralfilmschool.com/

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about this?: http://www.media-courses.com/?

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, William.

I received your reply and am going to check out the link you sent me.

I'll be back with you shortly.

Best regards,
Cheryl
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, William.

Yes, this might be a good program for you, but you would need to take all the necessary courses and their prices are listed here:
http://www.media-courses.com/film-training-courses/film-school.php

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority! Thank you!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this the quicker and easiest route I need to learn something fast and just get the main parts?

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, William.

This would be quicker, but look at the hours. The shorter classes (only a few days) are 6 hours on each day. If you feel you can do this without a problem (it's quite intensive), then it's the best choice for you. However, the other classes that take up to 8 weeks, have shorter class time periods, like 2½ hours each, so you might opt for that schedule. Note you can choose day, evening or weekend classes, as well.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right i think it's better doing it my way intensive but am up for the challenge and am willing to work really hard.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
That's great, William!

If you prefer to do it in an intensive way and are up to the challenge, call or email them for a brochure and start choosing your classes. Being a teacher, I recommend that you start with only one class at a time, so you don't overdo it and can devote all your attention to one subject at a time.

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah that's fine thank you very much Cher my Big Sister of course only one course at a time i won't do more than one because i need to focus or concentrate on one course only, can't attend lots of classes at once.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Which are the best film scripts that get hollywood awards?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, William.

I hope you are having a great evening!

Please allow me a short while to get this information to you.

Thanks for your patience!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem anytime my good friend Cher.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Great, William. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Cher (no need to reply at this time : ) )
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, William and thanks for your patience.

A great majority of the films that have won Academy Awards and other Hollywood awards are found to have been adapted from other sources, including: short stories, novels, remakes of other films, stage plays or musicals, TV shows and various other writings. Many fewer who have won, have been with original screenplays.

To see examples of actual films that have won awards based on their scripts/screenplays, check out the information here, and click on each film to see where the original idea came from:
http://www.filmsite.org/bestscreenplays.html

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thanks!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So who was the one that came up with movies in the first place was it the Japanese?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, William.

Please forgive my delayed response. I greatly appreciate your patience! Laughing

Actually, moving pictures were first invented by Americans and a Frenchman. In 1867 XXXXX XXXXXncoln patented a device called the 'wheel of life' or 'zoopraxiscope' which allowed people to view moving drawings or photographs through a slit in the machine and it resembled what we know today, as animation. Modern motion picture making began with the invention of the motion picture camera. A Frenchman named Louis Lumiere is often credited with inventing the first motion picture camera in the year 1895; however, several other people had made similar inventions around the same time as Lumiere. What Lumiere invented was a portable motion-picture camera, film processing unit and projector called the 'Cinematographe', allowing three functions to be covered in one invention. In 1895, Lumiere and his brother were the first to present projected, moving, photographic, pictures to a paying audience of more than one person.

However, the Lumiere brothers were not the first to project film. In 1891, the (Thomas) Edison company successfully demonstrated the Kinetoscope, which enabled one person at a time to view moving pictures. Later in 1896, Edison showed his improved 'Vitascope' projector and it was the first commercially, successful, projector in the U.S.

I hope this helped.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So why is Japanese Animation movies not popular around the world?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi did you get my last message?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, William and thanks so much for your patience.

Yes, I received your last message just recently, but I've been experiencing internet connection problems and have just been able to send you an answer now.

I hope all has been well with you! Laughing

Japanese animation movies are popular around the world, but you had asked who first came up with the concept of 'moving pictures (movies)' at first, and that did not include Japanese animation. They're two different subjects.

Do you need more information on Japanese Anime and it's beginnings? If so, I would be glad to research this for you.

If your satisfied with my answers, please remember to rate positively (Good or Excellent) so I am credited by the site for my time and effort. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

More like actual Computer Animation movies like Toy Story but Japanese style i meant because they don't get awards or do the Japanese get rewards i hardly seen much Japanese Computer Animation movies in my country and/or town and heard much about them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now worries you was late my good friend and had problems.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, William.

Sorry, I was offline when you posted back and I've just returned. Thanks for your patience.

Yes, movies like Toy Story are done by American film studios, and most likely the Japanese animated films are shown mainly in Japan. Sometimes a 'short' or more famous full length movie will get recognition in other countries, if it is entered into film festivals, etc. I'm sure there are Japanese animated movies, but they just might not be as famous and therefore, not shown internationally, only in Japan.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is Internships the best training to get into become a movie director, script writer, producer and acting since the other expert said it is Veronica said?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, William.

I hope you're having a great day!

I'm going to have to ask you to open a new, separate question to my attention (begin with "For Cher") about Internships, because this one is on a different subject. In addition, I would ask you to please rate some of my previous answers so I can continue assisting you. Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much my good friend Cher.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome, William.

Thanks very much for your Excellent rating; it is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So who are the British best script writers for movies are because my friend said they are that's where hollywood get's the ideas?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, William!

I hope all is well with you!

Hollywood has many of it's own top script/screenwriters, but yes, a lot of ideas may come from British script writers, as well. Check out this site with the names of the top 10 British script writers and other information and tips:
http://thescriptlab.com/features/the-lists/944-top-10-british-screenwriters?q=%2Ffeatures%2Fthe-lists%2F944-top-10-british-screenwriters&showall=1

__________________________________________________

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority!

Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher