Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

what is the best option for pre-existing(parkinsons)health

what is the best option for pre-existing(parkinson's)health insurance choice, most major insurance co. decline.

In order to get a plan for pre existing condition insurance, you have to be without health insurance for 6 months.

If you want something that is not a major medical insurance, but an interim coverage during that period there are companies that offer X amounts of visits with no deductable and if you need Hospital they pay a percentage of the bill. The ER Deductable is $100.

I personally had to take that type insurance for 6 months due to pre existing conditions and could not get a regular coverage. Once I have had this for 6 months I can apply for a different policy.

There are a couple of Companies that offer this minor type covereage: Defined Health One Multi Plan is one. It is directed by American Medical and Life Insurance Company 1-800-290-3869 or you can check out USA Select Choice owned by Beech Street 1-877-693-9091.

The price on these plans run in the $200-$300 range a month charged to your bank checking account or a credit card. This is the cheapest way to have some type of coverage for minor issue you may encounter.

The pre existing coverage is through the government and is a PPO, but has a deductable that is rather high. Once you are off regular insurance for 6 months you can apply for a different policy for pre existing conditions in this link: https://www.pcip.gov/

In order to get the PCIP, you will need to get a decline letter from an Insurace company due to your Medical condition. Once that is done you can get done you should be eligible get the PCIP insurance.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your information. Do you mean I can have some forms of coverage during 6 months period of time? if so, Defined health one multy plan, is the one ? and how can I apply?,and PCIP is for income limitation individual(low income)?I know it's differ from state to state, but how low is a low income,, they count only income , even I have house and car? Do you mean there is some insurance coverage during 6 months- if there are, PCIP don't count that as a insurance?

These two numbers that I list here are an interim coverage and are not considered Heath Insurance, but do offer a Dr. Visit, Prescription discount and ER if needed. It is not considered Health Insurance. You can call these numbers: Companies that offer this minor type Interim Covearge: Defined Health One or Multi Plan is one. the one is directed by American Medical and Life Insurance Company 1-800-290-3869 or you can check out USA Select Choice owned by Beech Street 1-877-693-9091. These can hold you until the 6 months without Insurance is up.

The PCIP is for anyone with a Prexisting condition and the range for income is not so much as low income and they do not judge on home ownership or cars, I actually own a home and car.

My payment for the PICIP is about $400 a month, but I do have some real healthcare.This goes over eligabilty: https://www.pcip.gov/Who's_Eligible.html

Joan