SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

how do I find out my exact time of birth?

Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
Do you know the actual hospital you were born in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - Carlisle Hospital - Carlisle - PA 17013

Hi Steve,

Chances are the state is probably not going to have your time of birth on file, only the date.

(717)(NNN) NNN-NNNNis the number for Carlisle hospital give them a call and asked to be transfered to the person who deals with birth records. The medical records department phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNis listed currently as.

They should have it on file. Sometimes it just isn't recorded and sometimes its only known because of people who were around at the time. The other option is finding the department of Vital Statistics for the county, where you would get your birth certificate from and seeing if it is listed there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I said in my reply I have contacted both the state and the hospital..................no luck...............that's why I wrote you..........the state doesn't have time of birth and Carlisle Hosptial only has records from 1966 .......................... any other ideas? TZ

Steve unfortunately those are the ways we find date and time of birth - the only other option is finding out the clinicians that were present(IF they even remember which is beyond slim) but

The only information I have from your replies is "Hospital PA State Records" which is tough to narrow down specifically.

Have you contacted your family members? It would only come down to the clinicians and your family members.

Unfortunately time of birth isn't always considered important and really comes down to the amount of "detail" used in the notes.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If it were as easy as having relatives alive to help I would go that route.

I have already done everything you mentioned for me to do - I did all the obivous searches - thought your site would have something I had not tried - so thanks for your time - I will continue to search at other sites.

I will also continue trying to research to find out for you - I have already asked people outside of work that I know.

Like I said unfortunately time isn't always important to some people, which seems wild. If my mother wasn't watching the clock when I was born I wouldn't even know the time myself it wasn't recorded for mine either.

I will keep trying though Steve.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS