Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I have scratched my eyeglass lense. Is there any way to repair

I have scratched my eyeglass lense. Is there any way to repair it so I don't have to buy a new pair?
Hello. Sadly there is no way to repair this in a satisfactory manner. The closer to a do it yourself solution are liquid polymer filler that you then polish but those don't give perfect optical finish and can even yellow over time (they are great for many scratch like on wrist watch that said).

Many anti glare, anti condensation, light darkening pigment, plastic lens hardener will get even worst if tempered with. If you want to remove a layer, the optical propriety of the lens will change and they will be worthless to you.

If you still have your optometrist prescription you can let them your frame and they can replace the lens, this will cost lest than new ones.

"IF" your lens are really only glass and no plastic and the scratch is very superficial, you can try to polish it with jeweler polishing rouge on a rotating tool with a cotton end:
http://www.amazon.com/oz-Jewelers-Rouge-Polishing-Compound/dp/B000O5DENQ
or this:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Manufacturing/Industry/Product-Catalog/Online-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0000000_nid=JZ880S96PKgsSQSFJR0R56glRS0RJTZBZ4bl
Before polishing, just accept it as a last resort solution and accept that it might be worst than status quo. I would really not even try if the scratch can be detected with your finger nail.