Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

What percentage of the USA population (or world population)

What percentage of the USA population (or world population) are of a group of four living siblings from the same parents with the youngest at least 68 years old? In other words, the family consisted of only four siblings, none of have died, and the youngest is at least 68 years old . . . how many today have that condition? How many if the number of siblings is three, rather than four?
Category: General
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

More time is fine. Thank you.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. No problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Attached is a link from the US Census Bureau that for 2011 has information on households with the age group you are looking for. Only thing is that not exactly sure if the age group is related to each other.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/families/data/cps2011.html

Look at Table H2

I hope that this can be a start in getting an answer to your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh, not even close. What you gave me is a cut at households, which has nothing to do with my question. So let me state it in another way.

I am 68. I have three older siblings. We have no deceased siblings. So, we have been four siblings for 68 years. I believe that to be quite rare! Is it? I.e., out of the entire population of the USA, how many people belong to four-sibling sets that have been endured for at least 68 years?

The information I am looking for may not exist. Not too many people are likely remotely interested in my question.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information as I will continue to search various databases and see if I can come up with something close to what you are looking for. It may not exist but I will try and see if it does!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Have scanned various databases and the only thing that has some type of percentage is in the study below:

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=YtHoP5UYTDMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA267&dq=study+siblings+living+elderly&ots=mp25u8IrDO&sig=aXWZY9Zt3YbABWW674-y_T_9oGk#v=onepage&q&f=false

Page 270 talks about living siblings within various age groups and it seems that your four sibling set is higher than what the survey found.

Hope this helps in some way of answering your question and I will give this question out to other experts to see if they can find additional info for you.

Challenging question you presented so thank you for letting me take a try at it.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thank you for the information. Pretty close, and gives me a good handle on what I'm looking for: we are pretty lucky to have started with four siblings and 68 years later still have four siblings.

Nice work.

Gordon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
You are very fortunate to have four in your family
indeed. Glad the info was of some help.

Please go ahead and rate my work so that
I can receive credit on your very interesting
request.

All the best.

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience: 20+ years as information professional