Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I would like to find a song I heard in 1981. A friend gave

I would like to find a song I heard in 1981. A friend gave me a cassette tape that had a song that if I remember correctly it was the first song on the side1 or side 2. It was instrumental only. It started with a simple --- 1 instrument for approx. 4 - 12 measures and then repeated adding instruments repetatively, building in dynamics with the same intro. I thought it was from .38 Special but am unable to find it. I was also listening to Al Jarreau, Billy Joel at that time ... HELP...
Hello Mary, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Do you remember which instrument played those approximately 4-12 measures?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Hi again, Mary.

The first thing that came to mind was 'Feels So Good' by Chuck Mangione, from the album of the same name released in 1977. Here is the full version of the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RID-gqSw85o

If this is not what you had in mind, please let me know and I will continue to research it for you. Can you tell me if what you are remembering had a similar sound or completely different? If different, can you describe the type of music? Country, Jazz, Rock, etc.? Thanks!

If this was not the song you had in mind, please do not rate yet.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you.

Please rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have heard this song before but unforntunately not the one .. not this style .. more classical .... pop rock maybe .. I believe it started with a piano

Sandi Patti had a similar type of dynamic building in this this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uh32xzKiCE

Hi again, Mary and thanks for your reply with additional information.

How about this one?

This is from the film 'Chariots of Fire' released in 1981: (scroll down to hear the song)
http://www.listzblog.com/id34.html

You said you heard it in 1981, but do you know if it was recorded/released in 1981? Thanks!

If this is not it, I'm still searching this for you.

Best regards,
Cher

Hi again, Mary.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Was Chariots of Fire the song you were thinking of?

If not, please let me know and I will be glad to continue my search for you.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank-you Cher ... I appreciate the hugh effort .... That's not it either .. but a great website ....

Now that I think of it, the music was more orchestration.

Piano, strings, first violins , then adding each stringed insturments ... as it repeats the same melody....

If you come accross it ...just remember me ... but thanks for trying... I will keep looking too .. I have been trying to find it for awhile .. but movie theme music are a great place for me to start ...

Thanks again ...

Hi again, Mary and you're most welcome!

Thanks very much for your reply and your Excellent rating; they are greatly appreciated!

Yes, I've been checking out movie theme music as well and I will definitely keep you in mind, should I come across it.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Best regards,
Cher