Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Type Your Question Here...

Are there any assisted living facilities for young adults in

Are there any assisted living facilities for young adults in the Bay Area?
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I have a resource for you that I think you'll find very helpful.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

There is a directory here that you can search which will include all the facilities in a given area.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Assisted Living Directory

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

And there is also a government resource that can assist - California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Their phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

The contact there is Thomas Stahl

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

omas.stahl@dss.ca.gov

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer:

Those were for seniors. I am looking for an assisted living place for young adults and college students with learning disabilities, because I happen to be one. But it has to be just assisted living. No classes, no required meetings and no scheduled appointments. And the place has to be somewhere in the Bay Area of California, preferably near Oakland or San Fransisco. I also want it to be a place where I won't require a resident roommate. The facility just needs to have living assistants for helping in things like cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, and any other living skills I need help with. And the place I live in will require enough room for all of my belongings. Are there any places like that?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

It looks like you've rated me as providing "bad service"

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where can I find a place like the one I described in the Bay Area, preferably on the western side of the Caldecot tunnel?

Adam, I'm researching that for you now and will get the information to you shortly.

So, you are looking at is somewhere around Berkley area?

There is an Independent Living Organization in CA with several locations, including Berkley and the surrounding area.

California Foundation for Independent Living Centers

Here is one example of a CFILC Independent Living Center in Berkley:
CIL Berlkley

If that's what you're looking for, let me know and I will locate others.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not independent living, assisted living.

Adam, I've certainly learned a lot searching for this information. While there is a ton of information for seniors, there seems to be to just an extreme, a lack of information for young adults. I thought that this is something that would be readily available, especially in CA. I hope that this doesn't reflect the reality of living in California with disabilities. That would be very disappointing.

I took a look at the website of all the Assisted Living facilities that were accredited by the BBB in the Bay Area, and out of the 79 that are listed, 76 were for Seniors. These are the ones that appear to be geared toward your needs.

It's the best I've been able to do. I hope that it's helpful.
Oliver Scott, LLC

(415)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

3230 Morcom Ave, Oakland, CA 94619-3419 marcelthompson@worthypeople.com

Delano Residential Care Home

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>Fax: (510) 276-11849

44 Delano St, San Lorenzo, CANNN-NN-NNNN/span>

delanorcfe@gmail.com

Lake Alhambra Assisted Living Center

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

825 E 18th St, Antioch, CA 94509-2869

dr.sarkeshik@gmail.com

www.lakealhambra.com

I'll continue the search if you need me to. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is still just seniors. It is not what I need. I am 24 years old, and still in college. I need an assisted living place for someone in my age group who has learning disabilities. Where would I find one of those? Even in another part of California, outside the Bay Area, or in another state.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Adam,

The places that I provided you in my most recent message are for Adults with disabilities, not seniors.

You mention that you are in college, but you do not want assisted living that is associated with any college. If you were willing to combine the two, it would open some very good options for you.

Most of what I am finding is transitional residential centers that have a goal of independent living and come with some sort of program. For example, the Independence Center is for Adults 18-30 and includes the services you require, but it's integrated with a program that is supposed to ultimately, allow you to live independently.

I don't have all the answers for you on this topic. It's fairly complex. I've looked through literally hundreds of facililities and everything else I have seen is integrated with some type of independent living program.

I will keep looking for you, though.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.