Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Is there someone where where there is a student exchange from

Is there someone where where there is a student exchange from Weymouth, Dorset UK where i get a trip to Japan but the other student doesn't live in my house because i don't want to go to japan and get into trouble for not listening and being disrespectful to the students parents because i don't understand the Japanese culture?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Will and welcome back to Just Answer!

I hope all is well with you this evening.

There are various student exchange programs where you can be placed with a Japanese host family and a student from Japan doesn't necessarily need to be placed with your family. As we discussed yesterday, you would need to do your 'homework' and learn about the culture and language of Japan before you make your trip, so that you won't do anything to show disrespect to your host family. In addition, if it will be your first trip there, you will be taught the appropriate manners and customs in the school you attend and your host family will be very understanding and help you learn the correct ways to conduct yourself. The Japanese do not expect visitors from other countries to know all the customs immediately; you need time to learn.

Try contacting some of these student exchange programs to get more details:
http://www.homestayinjapan.com/

http://www.twoworldsunited.com/japan.html

______________________________________

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you.

Please rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are there rules in Japan if i live their even if am a popular movie director, script writer and the stuff i want to be do, have to get married straight away and have to have children because i don't want my child to go through the same stages as i have and my past history of my family to affect them from some kind of illnesses that my family had and not having the time to take care of him and her because my Japanese wife and me are busy working want to care for my children properly?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, Will and good morning!

Thanks for your reply.

If you are not a Japanese national, you will not have to worry about these sort of things; however, if you marry a Japanese wife and she adheres to the traditions, you will need to discuss your concerns ahead of time with her and if she is a modern girl, you will come to a compromise and do what's best for everyone involved. There is no rule that you will need to marry straight away and have children. This decision will be up to you and your wife, when the appropriate time comes.

Please remember to rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is the modern Japanese model girl likely to be like the western culture think of having s** with me as a relationship or open because i cannot accept that i don't want that in their head i want them to have their tradition because i will truly love her and she will break my heart a Japanese model if she did think and say that to me?

Also I don't want to have s** with my wife in the future because i truly love her would modern japanese models follow the Western tradition?

I want to have a Japanese model who follows Japanese tradition and not think oh let's have s** i cannot accept that at all i don't want her mind to have it, i really respect Japanese females and would not like her to have that idea but keep her traditions and good ways of thinkings instead of being open like Western Culture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When i mean s** i meant sex didn't want to be blunt and say it in a rude way.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Will and thanks for your reply.

This would depend on the type of Japanese woman you would meet and eventually want to marry. If you want a woman who follows tradition, then you would respect her wishes and learn what the tradition allows and doesn't allow before you visit Japan and also continue learning of course, after you are living there. If this is the type of woman you would like to meet, you would seek out more traditional Japanese women to date, once you have established your life there, as a student.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What I meant was still be a movie director and script writer and some acting and song writing for movies then date someone from Japan from their agent that's why i needed Veronica's help urgently no offense since she knows more about the dating side of things, but still find Japanese models which Veronica said most are alright apart from the porn stars and am thinking all Japanese females that are models follow the old traditions and keep their culture what do you think and discipline?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Will.

You asked your original question about living in Japan as an exchange student and I provided information for you on that. Dating Japanese models is a completely different question/subject and you would get the best answer about that, in our Relationship Category.

Since I've already provided you with an answer regarding living in Japan as an exchange student, it would be greatly appreciated if you would please rate my answer in a positive manner like 'Excellent', so I may be credited by the site for my research, time and effort. Thank you! Laughing

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure.