Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Does anyone know what is it like living in Japan am planning

Does anyone know what is it like living in Japan am planning to move there in a few years time because some people say some Japanese are racist against even a British Born Chinese or Chinese and will expert me to live their if i have a visa to live their for the rest of my life?
Hi again, William.

I hope you are doing well, today! Laughing

The main thing about moving to Japan to live, is knowing that you will need to change your way of thinking, in many ways. The Japanese mindset is quite different from the Western one. It's heavily steeped in tradition and the littlest thing you might find routine to say or do in your own culture, could be construed as insulting to the Japanese people. It's really a matter of learning a whole new way of life and a whole new way of thinking. These articles will be helpful to you, in order to know what to expect and prepare you for the transition:
http://www.japantoday.com/category/opinions/view/planning-to-move-to-japan-change-your-westernized-mentality

http://www.thejapanfaq.com/

Because you mentioned your move will not be taking place for a few years, there might be changes to the information above, so when your plans are solidified, it would be a good idea to check out how things are going there, with respect to a British citizen planning a move.

Before planning to move someplace to live, it's aways a good idea to first vacation there and live for a short while to get a feel for the place. You might love it, you might hate it, and being a visitor/on vacation as opposed to living in a different country are two different things, but at least you will get a taste of the life in Japan.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you.

Please rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority! Thank you! Laughing

Best regards,
Your Friend, Cher

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well am planning to go to film school there but am willing to work hard as a runner and learn from film school their or do i need to go to film school here in London and write scripts for both UK or Japan?

Hi again, William and thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

If you're planning to go to film school there, I think that's great--you have a goal! I would suggest starting film school in London first, so that you don't arrive in Japan not knowing what is involved in the study in this field...being educated in the field in your home country will make it much easier on you, when you start film school in Japan. Also, if you are not already fluent in the language, definitely begin studying Japanese now, so you are fluent in the language when the time for your move, comes.

Best regards,
Your Friend, Cher

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My friend said hollywood is rough so i guess that wonder suit me?

So i want to find a film school in london where people will respect me and no bullying to me at all really serious people, all my life people bullied me and i have lose confidence and self-esteem but am not going to give up to start as a movie director later i will work really really really hard to be one before i go to japan and do the same hard work to learn japanese and ask about the times their going through before am 30 that is my aim and passion to work so hard i will be a movie director from now to 29 since am 25 now even learning stuff from home online and offline getting qualifications and do everything to my full extent for my passion and write scripts can you help me contact Veronica she has more experience no offense she's deals in the actual subjects i want to please can you tell her to help me as soon as possible because i really need her help haven't heard from her for a long time i hope she is alright she's like a good Big Sister to me in Chinese because my Sisters always treat me bad even ill or not?

Hi again, William and thanks for your reply.

Your goals and aspirations to work in film are very admirable! You can do anything you put your mind to, and I know from our past discussions, that you have some illnesses and learning problems which may be problematic, but your drive to accomplish your goals is amazing!

I agree that Hollywood would be too rough and competitive for you. You are very young, comparatively and starting at this age to gather all the knowledge and education you can, re: the film industry and becoming a director is a very smart move. Investigate film schools in your area, London, and try to find one where there is more of a one on one as opposed to a group (lecture) learning environment or the online classes that allow you to learn at your own pace which you mentioned. I am a teacher and know a lot about this. Every student has a different learning style which is most successful for them, so you would have to find the best film school that offers the type of teaching/learning method for you.

I understand that Veronica was helping you with other subjects related to the film industry, etc., but you posted this current question asking about living in Japan in our General Category, and did not address it to any particular Expert. Having answered many questions for you in the past, and providing this excellent information about living in Japan, etc., it would be appreciated if you could please rate my answer highly ("Excellent" would be appreciated) so I can be compensated for the time, effort and research I put into your answer.

If you would like to post a separate question for Veronica in Entertainment, as you have been doing, about the technicalities of script writing and the movie business, that would be up to you. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what happened to her or why she hasn't responded to your questions. Perhaps she's on vacation.

Please remember to rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority! Thank you! Laughing

Best regards,
Your Friend, Cher

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This message wrong.