Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
Type Your Question Here...

I need an expert that can help me code my Sony remote cont

I need an expert that can help me code my Sony remote control

bryanpaul52 :

do you have thye remote number? (model number) what are you trying to program also ?

hi, sorry for some reason this went to question/answer format. do you have the remote number ?and what you need to program?
Are you still there ? are you having trouble communicating this way ? just type you reply and hit reply. I will receive it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No..Just Answer sent me another expert...

I have no idea what happened but I was chatting with you and the page went down.

Sorry, I guess there's another expert that is answering

okay, sorry. if you don't get the answer come back and i will help you, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sounds good Brian....He hasn't yet and it's been awhile so since you already know the question, I might as well let you answer it.

There's two serial # XXXXX the t.v.

1st: 27B800-7562

2nd: T52744 C103

That's for the Phillips Magnavox T.V.

okay I see that this is a Phillips/Magnavox T.V. is the correct? what kind of universal remote do you have ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about the length of time but i'm trying to get this answered and work at the same time.

My remote is a Sony combo: RMT-V501e

try this .

• Turn on the television to be programmed.
  • On the remote control, move the TV/DVD VIDEO switch to TV.
  • Press and hold the I/O button.
  • While holding the I/O button, enter the television manufacturer code number using the number pad.

NOTE: If more than one code number is XXXXX for the manufacturer, enter one code at a time until you find one that works.

• Release the I/O button.
  • Point the remote control at the television.
  • Press the POWER button to verify operation.

try these codes. TV SelectAkaiAOCCenturionCoronadoCurtis MathesDaewooDaytronEmersonFisherGeneral ElectricGoldStarHitachiJ.C. PenneyJVCKMCMagnavoxMarantzMitsubishi / MGANECPanasonicPhilcoPhilipsPioneerPortlandQuasarRadio ShackRCA/ProscanSampoSanyoScottSearsSharpSonySylvaniaTeknikaToshibaWardsYorxZenith

03, 08, 12

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry to say Brian...I tried those exact steps and codes off the Sony website.

Okay and it didn't work? the 03, 08,and 12. have you tried this remote with any other device ? a VCR or DVD player ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No....I will be home all day tomorrow (tuesday) so we can continue working on this issue, if you would like too?

yes I will be here today (Tuesday)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok Brian...I thank you for you time and effort but I decided it would be less of a headache to go get a new device..

okay Kerri, I feel bad but it does sounds like this one is faulty. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a great night.Bryan