SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

Hi Mike. This is Amy again. Do have time to answer 5 questions

Customer Question

Hi Mike. This is Amy again. Do have time to answer 5 questions for me? They are along the same lines as last weeks.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Amy!

Sure I have time if you have more PE questions you need answered.

If I don't respond immediately its just because I have stepped out.

Go ahead and post them up and I can give my opinion on them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sounds great! Thanks so much. These are the questions I need you to answer this time. It is another interview/observation. I can fill in the observation chart after I see your answers. I appreciate your help again!!

What learning strategies do you use to help students meet the objectives of your lessons?

What is difficult about meeting the needs of diverse learners in the learning environment? How do you overcome the challenges of meeting diverse learners’ needs?

What are the benefits of integrating movement or health education into other areas of the elementary curriculum? Which best practices would you share with teachers who wish to integrate movement or health education into their classrooms?

What role does technology play in your physical education or health education lessons? How might technology improve your instruction?

How might a teacher avoid some of the pitfalls of becoming an effective physical education specialist or health education teacher?

Ok thank you Amy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Mike. This is due tomorrow. Does that give you enough time? I thought this assignment was due next week!

Amy I am going to work on this, but also connect with the supervisors here on JustAnswer to make sure I am clear to work on this. As far as I know there aren't any phys ed people here besides myself, so considering you requested me I think I am allowed to.

What time do you need my opinions on these by?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

I need the answers by 5:00 EST today, because it is due tonight. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I almost forgot- if it helps, these questions can be answered by any type of fitness specialist, not only a teacher. They are for opinions only!

Excellent Amy - working on it right now. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Mike! Laughing

No problem - thanks for the continued business :). I should be done within the hour.

Keeping students interested by providing fun and enjoyable lessons are easy ways to make various age groups keep on topic fairly easily enough to meet the lesson objectives. Keeping lessons from going stale and making sure that each student receives that positive reinforcement. Making sure by testing or evaluating provides you with an objective 'yes or no' to whether students are grasping and assimilating what you as the instructor have deemed an objective.

The difficulty may lie in the individuals specific diversity. The differences in learning speed, if its a physical lesson, the difficulty may in the coordination or physical differences of each of the students. Overcoming the challenges of each student, each learner simply comes in the way of complete identification of the challenge, educating yourself if there is anything that should be changed or adjusted, then executing that difference for each student. Instructor identification and education on the specific diversity is important.

The benefits of widespread introduction of physical education benefit both the students and instructors. Physical education as a whole, incorporated into the daily routine or weekly routine allows the students to be refreshed, energized, take a break from regular classroom learning but more importantly realize that physicality of each day is enjoyable. It provides a boost to morale when classroom lessons may get a little slow and tiring, more importantly there is a link between physical fitness, exercise and energy related to learning meaning students that participate in physical activity show a better response to learning, after the activity than those who don't always participate. Most importantly, it makes physical activity part of the day - which is a smaller and smaller occurrence with the advent of in home technology.

Technology is a positive thing if used correctly. Technology allows the instructors to build their "tool box" with different skills and materials, in various places, allowing them to enrich lessons more thoroughly than non technologically advanced "classrooms". The other benefit to technology is that it gives a fresh sense to the students for carrying out their tasks and assignments so that more physical activity can actually be employed during the scheduled time blocks.

The easiest ways to become and stay an effective health educator is to stay sharp on current topics and techniques(regardless of the personal opinion of them), keeping the curriculum fresh and up to date while keeping the standard foundations in place to ensure the base needs of the students are met. Avoiding the pitfalls merely requires the motivation of the instructor to stay current, the humility of the instructor to give and receive both passive and active feedback and the positive reinforcement of improvement from each of his or her students.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again Mike!! Your answers are exactly what I needed.

You're always welcome Amy. Keep me in mind for the next one and any followups too!