A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

who said, I stake my reputation on solving the middle east

who said, I stake my reputation on solving the middle east problem?

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Happy to wait a little longer. Suspect answerr is either a US preisdent or UK govt minister

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK. Try Anthony Eden of someone of that calibre as that source, certainly a senior politician

Welcome and thanks for your question. I've seen your question for a couple of days now and have been working on it. I can find that particular quote attributed to no one. Perhaps that is because it isn't worded exactly the same, but that exact quote isn't attributed to anyone.

All the best,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your efforts. I am not surprised the wording is not found precisely as given but I am quite sure the tenor of the words is correct and that the individuals reputation is what he (it was a man) was staking.

I am sure it was a senior politician, I think most likely British. Is there any search facility for Hansard that would help?

Derek

Hi, Derek,

Yes, you can search using the facility on the Parliament site at http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/search.w3p

It's slow and clunky, but it does search.

One problem is that politicians are always staking their reputations(??) on one thing or another that comes back to bite them in the pants.

I've used every search engine and database I have and couldn't locate the exact quote.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research