Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

I will be traveling to a wedding in Thailand next summer. Is

I will be traveling to a wedding in Thailand next summer. Is there anything I need to know related to customs, and traveling into the county?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help with your question related to travel to Thailand next summer. First, Thailand is a wonderfully scenic area and I am sure you will enjoy your pleasure trip for the wedding. In terms of customs, as long as you are arriving by air and have a passport, you are able to stay up to 30 days. Be sure that the expiration of your passport is at least 6 months past the date of your arrival into Thailand as that is a requirement. If your passport would expire before the 6 month period past your arrival date, you will need to ensure that you renew it before your trip so the expiration date is later. When you leave the country, you will pay a departure fee. If you are traveling out of the main airport there in Bangkok, this fee is already going to have been included into your ticket price but just want to be sure you are aware of it. In terms of other issues related to your travel, the main one is to be cautious of your surroundings in Thailand. The U.S. still has a standing travel advisory for Americans traveling to the Southeast Asia area due to terror related issues and I am sure that will still be in effect next year. Be sure to stay in groups and in public areas and always be cautious of your surroundings during your time in Thailand. If you are in need of any further information related to customs and travel, just hit "Reply to Expert" and I will answer any other specific questions you have on this topic. I am also attaching here a link to some specific travel information that has been put out by the State Department related specifically to travel to Thailand. http://xxx #entry_requirements If you copy and paste the link above into your browser, it will open the page for you to view. Again, if you are unsure of any information contained there, I am always available for any followup questions or concerns related to your travel. All the best in planning your wedding travels for next summer. It was a true pleasure having the chance to help with information. Feel free to request me anytime and have a wonderful rest of the week. :-)